Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Thing (2011)

Director: Matthijs van Heijningen Jr.

Stars: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Joel Edgerton, Ulrich Thomsen

The prequel to the 1982 film of the same title tells the story of a team of Norwegian researchers in Antarctica find a UFO deep in the frozen ice with a frozen body outside of the ship.  They begin the body inside the camp to examine their findings.  The body unfreezes and attacks the team.  The creature mimics the body that it is going to host.  Each person can no longer trust each other, since no one is really sure who is human and who is not.

The special effects in the movie are just that, special.  Most of the creature transformations are CG, and not much man made.  The creatures moves faster and attacks more, but the scenes are short lived and are forgettable.


When I first heard about this movie, I thought it was a remake which I would not have watched.  Ok, I would have, but bitched through the entire movie.  I love the 1982 movie.  It scared the hell out of me as a kid.  The movie does look good and is watchable, but that is it.  The ending of this movie ends where the 1982 movie begins, so they got that right at least.  I’m just tired of pointless prequels.  They are never that good.




The Thing (2011) Trailer


No comments:

Post a Comment