Monday, March 9, 2015

Orphan (2009)

Director: Jaume Collet-Serra

Stars: Vera Farmiga, Peter Sarsgaard, Isabelle Fuhrman, CCH Pounder

The movie starts with a woman having a terrible dream about losing her baby during delivery, very bloody.  John and Kate decide to adopt an older child to give the love they still have for the baby that they lost.  They already have two kids, but want one more, whatever.  Those kids would have loved the extra attention, since the youngest, a girl, is deaf.

The parents go visit an orphanage on visiting day, I guess, to check the kids out.  The Dad wonders up stairs and looks into a room to find a little Russian girl in a room by herself painting and starts talking to her.  He must like antisocial children.  They pick her.  Oh yeah, they have money.

The little girl, Ester, mixed a bit too well with the other kids in the house.  Ester is a crazy little bitch.  She does some terrible things to the family throughout the whole movie.  I could not believe it. The cast was great.  Isabelle Fuhrman plays Ester, and I could not believe how good of a job she did.  I just was surprised by the movie as a whole.

All I can say is wow.  Well that’s not true.  Orphan is a good horror film.  I remember seeing the trailer for it and was not impressed at all.  It looked stupid.  I was so wrong. I recommend watching this movie. Enjoy.













Orphan (2009) Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment